Seattle’s Iconic Hotel Launches “Sorrento Nights”
Friday, February 17, 2012
A creative mix of programming and events reflecting the hotel’s origin as a cultural hub to include Drinking Lessons, Parlor Magic and Movie Nights
Seattle, Wash. – Sorrento Hotel, Seattle’s iconic hotel located in the historic First Hill neighborhood, announces the launch of Sorrento Nights, a series designed to reflect the hotel’s origin as a cultural and intellectual hub. Throughout its history, the Sorrento Hotel was the center for salon-style conversations on big topics in Seattle and beyond.
Today, Sorrento Nights will spark conversations again with engaging programming, including monthly Drinking Lessons hosted by leading bartenders, drink historians and quality distillers; an unbelievable magic show by world renowned magician, Steffan Soule; and special showings of classic, black & white movies and Fellini films. Complete details for Sorrento Nights at Sorrento Hotel are as follows:
- Drinking Lessons… An engaging series led by bartenders, drink historians and quality distillers, delivering an animated and often collaborative one-and-a-half-hour lesson of the preparation and history of distinct spirits and libations. Lessons take place every second Wednesday of the month in the Hunt Club Bar. The $50 per person ticket includes the class, drinks and Hunt Club bites. Seating times are at 6 pm. and 8 p.m. and limited to 12 people per seating.
- March 14 - Bourbon Whisky
- April 11 - Gin
- May 9 - Absinthe
- June 13 - Cognac Armagnac
- July 11 - Rum
- August 8 - Tequila
- September 12 - Mezcal
- October 10 - Microbrews
- November 14 - Vodka
- December 12 - Champagne
- Movie Nights… The iconic Hunt Club Bar becomes a motion picture canvas on Wednesday and Friday nights beginning at 8 p.m., offering special $6 drink specials and a full bar menu.
- Every Wednesday night, travel back in time to enjoy some of the best classic, black & white movies that started it all, such as Charlie Chaplin in "The Kid" and "The Tramp," Laurel and Hardy in "Pick a Star" and Harrold Lloyd in "Grandma’s Boy."
- Every Friday night, enjoy the influential work of Italian filmmaker Federico Fellini with titles such as, "La Dolce Vita"," 8 ½", and "La Strada".
- Steffan Soule’s Parlor Magic… Steffan Soule, a world renowned magician from Seattle brings creative, theatrical magic to audiences close up in the Fireside Room. Performed table to table, person to person, beginning on Thursday, February 23 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. and will continue twice a month on Thursdays from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
For additional information and ongoing updates on new programming, please visit Sorrento Hotel’s Social Calendar at: http://www.hotelsorrento.com/social-calendar/ or contact 206.386.0799.
About the Sorrento Hotel
The Sorrento Hotel has been a landmark historic hotel in Seattle since it was established in 1909. The magnificent Italian mission-style architecture creates a classic setting for the Sorrento Hotel’s quiet hospitality. Preferred among business travelers, well-traveled vacationers and even Seattle neighbors, The Sorrento offers a high level of personal service that only a boutique property can provide. The Sorrento Hotel also strives to be a center for arts and culture, partnering with and supporting such wonderful institutions as the Seattle International Film Festival, Seattle Theater Group, Town Hall and various others through Night School, a collaboration between the hotel, Michael Hebb, and an array of intellectuals, artists, writers, filmmakers, mixologists, chefs and the leading cultural institutions in the Northwest. The Malone Family has owned the Sorrento since 1983 and since has restored the hotel’s appearance, as well as its reputation for hospitality. The Sorrento has earned numerous awards including being named one of Condé Nast Traveler‘s Top 25 hotels, the Seattle Times Most Romantic Hotel and Seattle Metropolitan‘s 30 Must Do Dining Experiences, as well as being named CitySearch’s most Pet Friendly hotel.
About Benchmark Hospitality International
Benchmark Hospitality International is a leader in the management and marketing of resorts, conference centers, hotels, and Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels℠. The independent company, launched in 1980, is a worldwide organization operating properties in major metropolitan and resort destinations. Benchmark’s international headquarters is located in The Woodlands, Texas, near Houston. Benchmark Hospitality is also a founding member of the International Association of Conference Centers. The company’s eastern regional office is in New Jersey, western regional office is in Washington, with international offices in Tokyo, Japan, and Santiago, Chile. For the location of Benchmark’s properties and additional information, visit www.benchmarkhospitality.com.